National Championship Air Races
After our Annual Convention, the largest gathering of CJAA members is the 2012 National Championship Air Races in Reno, coming up Sep 12-16 in Reno. Most of the competitors are CJAA members, many of the crew are CJAA members, and quite a few of the spectators are CJAA members. So here’s our guide to the Races:
- Competitors – Pilots and crew can be viewed at http://racingjets.com/pilots - Click on the pilots to view more information about them and their crew.
- Location – Jets are located in Zone A8 at the far east end of the site. A map is posted at http://www.airrace.org/race_experience/site.php
- CJAA BBQ – Courtesy of Doug Matthews and “Race 12,” a CJAA BBQ will be conducted on Thu, Sep 13 at 1800 hours. Race 12 will be located in the Unlimited “pits.” (After 5PM, the extra cost wrist band is no longer required to enter the pits.)
- CJAA Merchandise – Last year, Doc Blevins ran out of popular colors/sizes of the CJAA merchandise at Reno. He’ll be joining us again this year but asks members to email him (email@example.com) with requests so he has adequate inventory this year.
- Need a room? – Doug Matthews has a spare discounted room at the Grand Sierra for a week starting Sep 8. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
- What’s that twin in the pits? – It’s a Bombardier Lear 45XR which will be serving as the Jet Class Pace Plane. Both Bombardier company pilots: Rick Rowe and Dennis Simmons, attended Pylon Racing Seminar and are certified as Jet Pace pilots. All of us are grateful for Bombardier Lear’s race sponsorship.
- What else? – The RJI folks have a great Reno guide at http://racingjets.com/content/reno
I think that’s it – See you next week in Reno!